FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loading projects unnecessarily - why?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Loading projects unnecessarily - why?
on Aug 21, 2015 at 4:43:51 pm

I am using FCP X 10.2.1. Have any of you experienced FCP X loading projects unnecessarily? For instance, I'll open a multi cam clip and copy the color attributes of one clip from an angle. Then FCP X loads other projects wasting precious time and getting in the way of my workflow.

Any ideas?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Loading projects unnecessarily - why?
on Aug 21, 2015 at 4:49:55 pm

Basically I think it's the database.

To allow the functionality of being able to copy and paste resources across the project and events inside the Library bundle, the database has to load and have access to all the stuff contained therein.

It's another example of "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

For the editor, it gives you a goose toward creating and managing your libraries in such a way that they don't get overly full of unnecessarily historical stuff that they have to load up every time you want to change a small thing.

My 2 cents.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 24, 2015 at 12:42:40 am

I follow this IF it were a compound clip that was updating every instance of its use. Otherwise what is being updated?

And that would assume his other projects also held the same compound clip. I think it's either a bug or end user error- some key board short cut being engaged or something.

I will say that one of the confusing things in X is what changes to a clip can be made in the browser and what only applies in a timeline.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 21, 2015 at 5:23:50 pm

I haven't seen that, but I know if you select a Project in the Browser, and press the space bar, it loads the Project.

I don't know if that pertains to your situation, but it might?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]