FORUMS: list search recent posts

question about making super fast edit cuts between multiple clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris villanueva
question about making super fast edit cuts between multiple clips
on Aug 20, 2015 at 8:41:49 pm

hello

i use final cut pro X and i am trying to take multiple clips (5-10) and cut them into super fast edits almost like a montage of clips shown very quickly

below i have provided a video i found on youtube showing the technique i am trying to achive it starts at exactly 3:05-3:07

here is the link to the youtube video

-----------------------------

i have found a video on youtube that shows me how to make "quick cuts" between two videos using motion, i will provide the link to that video below.

^^i was wondering if there was a way to use the technique in this video and implement it to more than just 2 clips. could i possibly do it to 5-10 clips making the cuts super fast

any feedback would be much appreciated

thank you

chris

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: question about making super fast edit cuts between multiple clips
on Aug 20, 2015 at 10:25:24 pm

Just one frame cuts- it's pretty much working hard. Not sure there's a way to automate it...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 21, 2015 at 6:45:59 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Aug 21, 2015 at 6:47:56 pm

I did something very similar recently to get an "EDM club effect" rapid-cutting between two sources to the beat of music: you just tie that oscillation behavior to be tripped by peaks in the audio track... but, I think if you go back and look at the source video in the Hawaii example, step-framing it, that example is quick-cutting between more than two simple camera angles.

So I don't know if this is idiocy, or genius, but just now I had an idea sparked by that tutorial's use of drop zones.

In Motion, create a cube, or polygon of however many sides you have that equal the different camera angles you want to use. Each face of the cube carries a full-screen drop zone, so that's 4 to six drop zones from a cube. You now keyframe the rotation of the cube and instead of having any tweening going on between face a to b, b to c, etc, you make it "snap" to the next position, (probably using the camera controls) with whatever duration you require.

THAT creates a source that should give an identical effect to the Hawaii example, you can template it and change the inter-face duration and number of faces to taste.

Did I do good? :-)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 21, 2015 at 6:49:15 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Aug 21, 2015 at 6:50:27 pm

Occurs to me, on further cogitation, why make a cube, just a strip of drop zones, and snapping the camera along that row will do the same thing, wouldn't it? It just needs to loop back to the start and repeat as often as needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]