FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tip for cutting interview workflow with lots of footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Hems
Tip for cutting interview workflow with lots of footage
on Aug 20, 2015 at 2:26:26 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm working on a interview/testimonial project.
There are 19 different sections of text, see them as chapters.
Every chapter has a couple of different takes.
Every take is shot with multiple camera's and angles.
Does anybody have a tip for me how to edit this project on a quick and efficient way?
I thought about using Auditions this time, because then I don't have to create another
bunch of multicam clips in the library.
And with a audition it's easy to change between shots.
What I don't like with auditions (and what I like about multicam clips) is the fact that I
can't use the video from one clip and use the audio from another in one click.

Can someone help me out with this one? Just a simple tip.. please share your experience and information

Yours,


Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Tip for cutting interview workflow with lots of footage
on Aug 20, 2015 at 5:21:18 pm

Can you post a screenshot- not quite sure what you're getting at. Auditions are definitely an option but I personally find myself rarely using them.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training


Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Tip for cutting interview workflow with lots of footage
on Aug 20, 2015 at 6:16:54 pm

Cutting the interview itself? Create the multicams. Then have them transcribed. Read the material and create your script from the transcripts. Edit the interviews together.

You can log and audition all day, but transcripts are your first step.


Return to posts index


Bill Davis
Re: Tip for cutting interview workflow with lots of footage
on Aug 21, 2015 at 5:40:41 pm

Totally depends on the nature of the project.

Are the interviews just for bites in a larger project?
Or are the interviews the whole thing?

I'd tag, organize and cut a full hour Charlie Rose style interview FAR differently than I would a project where you shoot the same hour of interviews at a convention but the goal is to just present the "best bites" in a 5 minute final.

In one you'd expect to REJECT 10% of what you've captured, in the other, you'd expect to REJECT 90%

The entire keyboarding and tagging approach I'd take would be radically different between the two.

Just my 2 cents.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]