FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcpx edit with mts then transcoded to prores - possible to link in 10.1.3 after the fact

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Heiman
fcpx edit with mts then transcoded to prores - possible to link in 10.1.3 after the fact
on Aug 20, 2015 at 11:21:02 am

Hello

mac 10.9 I... i7 core, 24 of ram, fcpx10.1.3

got involved in someone's project with couple thousand 3 & 4 K stills... a bloated 350gig Library/project & redundences I dont want to get into...

Some video clips are .MTS.- painfully slow... in middle of work decide convert them to prores files... making them now.

can I get those fcpx mts clips linked to proress.mov transcode files:

I edit all the time but this is my first fcpx project

Thanks
gramps

Return to posts index

Paul Heiman
Re: fcpx edit with mts then transcoded to prores - possible to link in 10.1.3 after the fact
on Aug 20, 2015 at 9:00:05 pm

ok so the fcpx clips once mts now link to movs but only one at a time... every time I try linking more than one clip at once it won't allow. basically - select 3 mts to link a nu I navigate to new mov to link to but since 2 more clips were selected in my search - no good

please, Any help greatly appreciated

gramps

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: fcpx edit with mts then transcoded to prores - possible to link in 10.1.3 after the fact
on Aug 20, 2015 at 10:42:40 pm

When you say you're making the files, what are you doing?

Why not just highlight the footage in FCPX and get it to create optimised media? No Linking required.

Which is good because FCPX and robust relinking usually don't go in the same sentence.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Paul Heiman
on Aug 21, 2015 at 3:02:21 am

Jeff,
Thank You Much!
I've been handed this project w/ no X experience...
Mistakenly thought optimize only possible at import - much to learn
Again most grateful!
Optimizing now

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]