FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Newbie. How do I export timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
FCP X Newbie. How do I export timeline?
on Aug 17, 2015 at 10:58:40 pm

Hi,

I have a few questions about exporting my timeline when I'm done with a project.

I'm using the latest version of FCP X.

I have been working with Non-Optimized footage, Pro Res 422, and now I'm done editing it. I want to make a DVD File (MPEG 2) Standard.

1) Does the footage have to be transcoded to Optimized before I can export it? If so, How can I do this?

2) Can I make a Standard DVD (Non-HD) from this timeline? How?

3) How can I make an HD version of this timeline (Blu-Ray)? I usually burn my Blu-Ray DVD's in Adobe Encore. Can I make a file from FCP X to be used in Encore?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP X Newbie. How do I export timeline?
on Aug 17, 2015 at 11:08:45 pm

1- no.
2- don't know- can't see your timeline from here.
3. You could build a blu-ray to Hard drive and then burn it elsewhere.

More on DVD Exporting- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12718?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: FCP X Newbie. How do I export timeline?
on Aug 19, 2015 at 10:04:10 pm

1: it will work but may be slower to make.

2: The share to DVD function works well if you don't need any kind of menus. You can set it to create chapters on the DVD that correspond to chapter markers if you set those in the timeline first. You an also tick a box that sets up the DVD to auto-start. Be sure you marked the out and in on the timeline before you share to DVD.

3: If you have an attached drive that is BluRay capable, FCPX will indeed burn a BluRay from the share function, much like the share to DVD function. I've used it several times. Again, it's just a simple timeline burn, no menus.There was one tricky bit where I was forced to use Disk Utility as the method to burn the actual compiled BD: I don't think this happens to everyone, but it did to me. The file it creates can be exported to another program like Encore if you want to do more with it than simple proofs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]