FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting an avid project into fcp x

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam simonsen
Getting an avid project into fcp x
on Aug 16, 2015 at 9:47:15 pm

Hi there.

so I got this avid project and all the source movie files which are .mfx files. I try to open it up in Da Vinci Resolve and it shows everything on the timeline in placeholders- meaning it doesn´t see the actual movie files, since it´s .mfx files but it recognizes all the edits. I can easily transfer all these files to quicktime that it will read, but how do I re-name all those files so that it links to the quicktime files and not the mfx files? And I guess it has to be in the same folder or? After I get it into Resolve I need to export it further from there as an xml file so that I can continue edit the project in FCPX.

Any ideas or thoughts would be very helpful, thx,
Adam

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Getting an avid project into fcp x
on Aug 16, 2015 at 11:37:31 pm

I think you mean MXF? Honestly you're asking for a major undertaking. If it were me I'd go back and get at least an extra day or two of rate just for the conversion. See this post for some hints:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/29403

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 17, 2015 at 12:51:55 am

You won't get a whole project from MC into X. There are several ways to get only an edited timeline from MC to X. Resolve should see these files, but in running a quick test, I see that any clips with a .new suffix are not linked. At least that was the case in the test sequence I transferred. Obviously Resolve has issues correctly interpreting the AAF file. You might try an EDL instead of an AAF.

What are you planning to do with this sequence? Re-edit or do something else? If the edit is final, then you could simply export a self-contained .mov and slice it back up in X.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

adam simonsen
on Aug 17, 2015 at 7:46:26 am

Thanks for spending time on this !! :)

The idea was to continue editing in FCPX- but it starts to seem very tricky... Maybe just export as you suggest, and then slice it up, far from ultimate, but a solution.

Thx again-

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]