FORUMS: list search recent posts

the newer smart collections

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
the newer smart collections
on Aug 15, 2015 at 1:12:59 am

Now that FC auto creates a smart collections folder, I'm not sure what to make of my old organization habit of creating projects within a library based on content and date. Seems like it's redundant.

I know this is very basic but just wondering how other editors feel about this.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: the newer smart collections
on Aug 15, 2015 at 1:55:06 am

Are you saying you did that to be able to find projects easier within a Library?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: the newer smart collections
on Aug 17, 2015 at 3:21:18 am

Sorry. I meant events. And yes just to locate media more easily. But the default smart collection All Video + gear breaks media up into both camera name (which in my case is what I labeled the card copy folder in the finder) and by date. What I have been doing is importing a card copy and telling FC to create an event that uses the finder's folder name. Now it seems to be doing this automatically in the smart collection. .

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]