FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D rotation on text in 2D mode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
3D rotation on text in 2D mode
on Aug 13, 2015 at 3:21:00 pm

Has anyone noticed this? Every since they added 3D text and the new controls to rotate the text in 3D space, you can't dial in the rotation or reset it anywhere that I can find. Does this exist somewhere?

When I turn off 3D text mode the 3D rotation remains. Which does come in handy. Unless of course I don't want any 3D rotation. Resetting the 3D panel doesn't affect it either.

And bizarrely enough, I've found that even though the 3D rotation controls are hidden in 2D text mode, they're still there. If you put click where they would be in 3D mode, the text rotates just the same, even if you've never turned on 3D.

So all bizarre and interesting. Anyone know how to reset the rotation?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 3D rotation on text in 2D mode
on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:46:39 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:48:14 pm

Might just want to submit a feedback report. I'd be surprised if it weren't already known about but JIC....

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:48:55 pm

It's not necessarily a bad thing. Why not always show the 3D controls? But shouldn't they be editable in the inspector somewhere?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:16:21 pm

[Bret Williams] "Has anyone noticed this? Every since they added 3D text and the new controls to rotate the text in 3D space, you can't dial in the rotation or reset it anywhere that I can find. Does this exist somewhere?

When I turn off 3D text mode the 3D rotation remains. Which does come in handy. Unless of course I don't want any 3D rotation. Resetting the 3D panel doesn't affect it either.

And bizarrely enough, I've found that even though the 3D rotation controls are hidden in 2D text mode, they're still there. If you put click where they would be in 3D mode, the text rotates just the same, even if you've never turned on 3D. "

Ran into this today... opened a project I'd been experimenting with awhile ago, and wanted to reset 3D positions.

Submitting feedback!

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]