FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layered PSD files flattened in FCP X 10.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Durham
Layered PSD files flattened in FCP X 10.2
on Aug 10, 2015 at 3:22:42 am

I suspect I will have to re-create the layered file, but I'm posting this as a late Sunday night hail mary.

I'm trying to import a PSD file with 7 layers into FCP X 10.2, but it is flattened upon import. The PSD files is an 8 bit, rgb file with no graphics or text - just multiple images.

Further, I have multiple previous, layered PSD files from similar projects, and I've imported these as a test into my current project - and they all import as layered. Some of these have more layers, and larger dimension images - yet they still import successfully.

I've tried to compare the problem PSD file with the non-problem PSD's, and I can find no difference in color space, or any other issue. Nothing I do will allow it to import successfully.

I've reviewed this helpful document: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202409. My only potential source of a problem is that I created the current PSD file as 16 bit (note the help doc says create in 8 bit). However, I changed the mode to 8 bit, and exported as a new file. Still no dice.

If any of you have any magic suggestions, I would love to hear it.

Thanks much

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Layered PSD files flattened in FCP X 10.2
on Aug 10, 2015 at 4:10:16 pm

Can you post the file?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Michael Durham
on Aug 11, 2015 at 2:19:01 pm

Its nearly a gigabyte in size, is this possible here? When I'm back in the office, I plan to recreate the layered PSD just to see if there is something weird about the original document. It would appear this is not a normal problem.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 12, 2015 at 5:10:54 am

Sounds a little big. Make sure layers are rasterized- that can cause issues.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]