FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1 Library issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monty Rand
Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1 Library issues
on Aug 10, 2015 at 1:39:36 am

This may be a long first post. I had my iMac computer at Apple to replace the Logic Board that went bad. We thought it was the hard drive. They said the drive and my data was fine, but the logic board needed to be replaced. Well, when they replaced the logic board they also decided to erase my hard drive without backing it up. All my video is safe, but my Final Cut Pro library was lost....or so I thought. I ran some recovery software on the hard drive. I was able to recover 135GB in my Library. Great. Except that I cannot get FCP X to recognize any of it. It will load the library and the library will show up, but none of the events or projects show up. If I try to create a new event with the same name as an event in the library is says that it's already in use so it must see the contents. Anyway, does anybody know of any tricks to get it to recognize my library? I'm new to FCP X as I use it to edit my quadcopter videos.

Thanks for any and all help :)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1 Library issues
on Aug 10, 2015 at 4:06:07 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Aug 10, 2015 at 4:09:38 pm

that sounds more like a data loss recovery issue than FCPX specific. The problem with hard drive recovery software is that it can often retrieve the raw data but it scrambles the contents. Which is probably why FCPX can't load your recovered Libraries. I'd suggest hiring an FCPX consultant and/or working with a full blown data recovery service to more fully retrieve the data. Neither will be cheap, so if the material is not irreplaceable you might want to weigh the costs carefully.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]