Dialogue Forever Muted after update in fcpx

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe zabrosky
Dialogue Forever Muted after update in fcpx
on Aug 8, 2015 at 9:54:39 pm

Hi,

Yosemite fcpx 10.1.4

When i updated to 10.1.4 from the presvious version some of my audio clips that were worked on by another party, thus probably in other programs were completely muted with no way of getting them to work. I was able to get by because i had exported the audio mix to a wav and have been able to use the wav. I now need to remix those mixes because the music is not licensable. I spent good money for the party to sweeten my audio of which i can't use in the new mix because the update turned it off. Has anyone had a similar problem with updates and what is the solution to this. It's completely wrong that when apple updates it renders previous expensive work unusable. Can't even call apple without having to pay them for the call. This project has been picked up my a distribution company and i'm suppose to deliver everything months ago.

Any help appreicated.

joseph

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Dialogue Forever Muted after update in fcpx
on Aug 8, 2015 at 10:31:56 pm

Do the files play in Finder?

Return to posts index

joe zabrosky
Re: Dialogue Forever Muted after update in fcpx
on Aug 20, 2015 at 3:40:48 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry about that. Yes they typically do play in finder. I was able to get it to work by creating a new project and relaying all the dialogue back in and tweaking it.

Still interested in your answer cause it's a royal waste of time to have to do the work all over again.

Thanks, joe

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]