FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way for save and archive with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredy Schwerdtner
Best way for save and archive with FCPX
on Aug 7, 2015 at 1:43:27 am

Hi Shane.
I was walking around and touched your post. I'm back tô the industry after 14 months away. It is só interesting to realize that a lot can change in a so short time ... lol
Well, I'm working with FCPX ( I love it) and I'm in a job that I will have tô digitalize 53 old tapes (VHS and VHS-C) and mix their material with some graphics and then burn DVDs and also prepare the final files tô be archived in an external HD. Since I am capturing the tapes with an old VCR via a kind of a "bridge", the Canopus Device ADVC 300 with FCPX optimizing the files as PRORES. It makes easy for editing and when I export it, I do it as it is (PRORES / FULLRES) to compress the file with Apple Compressor as MPEG2 and AC3 to make the DVDs.
Now, I was thinking in save and archive the final projects as PRORES, as it come from FCPX, or make a H264 out of them to save in the external HD.
What do you think about it ?

Thanks in advance.

Fredy.

iMac 2.7 GHz Intel 4 Core i5
16 GB memory

MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
6GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

OS X 10.7.5
FCPX 10.0.8

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Best way for save and archive with FCPX
on Aug 7, 2015 at 11:32:54 am

[Fredy Schwerdtner] "to compress the file with Apple Compressor as MPEG2 and AC3 to make the DVDs."

What are you using for muxing and output that accepts those file types?

[Fredy Schwerdtner] "Now, I was thinking in save and archive the final projects as PRORES, as it come from FCPX, or make a H264 out of them to save in the external HD."

The primary difference obviously being file SIZE. If size is not a concern, simply go with ProRes. Otherwise I highly doubt that H.264 could make anything worse with VHS. Even H.264 is bound to retain all of its gory details without a problem. :D

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]