FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where did my Alex 4D Easy Ease plug-ins go to in FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cooke
Where did my Alex 4D Easy Ease plug-ins go to in FCP X?
on Aug 4, 2015 at 7:15:24 pm

Starting to really like and get more used to FCP X, BUT, my "Savior" to the X,Y,Z Transform keyframes is using ALEX 4D Free plug ins for Scale, Curve X and Curve Y. Here you can make Bezier Curves and EASE in or out your motion moves. All the Final Cuts have always "stunk" at this. These plugins go into your "CUSTOM" category of FCP X. Any thoughts on why they don't work? They were working even AFTER I upgraded to 10.2.1 2 weeks ago. Thanks,
David

D's Video

Return to posts index

David Cooke
Re: Where did my Alex 4D Easy Ease plug-ins go to in FCP X?
on Aug 4, 2015 at 7:43:07 pm

Alex 4D Easy Ease plug ins ARE now working again in FCP X. Not sure what I did, but they are working.
Sorry, all for the quick "posting", but these are a HUGE deal to me. If anyone has any plugins, OR has found something in FCP X I haven't that will make the "motion" work like "Easy Ease" in After Effects, please post them. This, as I stated earlier is one thing that makes me NOT LIKE ANY of the Final Cuts. Don't know why they can't "slew", or make bezier moves like in Motion and After Effects "inside" of Final Cut X.
Thanks,

D's Video

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 4, 2015 at 8:38:23 pm

Easing is indeed possible- read through this for hints:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_x_keyframing_effects_stone.html

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 4, 2015 at 8:55:26 pm

It'd be nice if it were true. But notice how he demonstrates easing with the aged film effect and opacity, but NOT transform controls? Because there aren't any. You can't twirl down the transform controls and get the right click between two keyframes. Which is pretty bizarre unto itself anyway, as easing is something to apply to just 1/2 of a particular keyframe anyway. Not to two keyframes at once. You might want to first keyframe to already be in motion with no easing and ease into the second one.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 4, 2015 at 8:42:23 pm

The problem with FCP key framing has always been that they've got easing and motion paths mixed together. But if you're doing a linear move, a straight path from A to B, then just right click on the keyframe in the viewer and choose smooth. That'll add an ease out. Ditto with the B keyframe.

Now a bezier curve, it can do that easy. Just adjust the handles in the viewer to get the curve you like. Oh, but you don't want it to ease in and ease out? Changing it to linear removes the curve. WTH?

Basically because Apple can't seem to figure out that easing is a temporal function regulating the speed of which the keyframes travel over a path.

So straight path without easing, yes. Straight path with easing, yes. Curved path without easing, no. Anything in-between, the above options, not likely. Individual adjustment of easing on individual parameters, no. X has basically taken the viewer controls directly from motion, but left out the keyframe editor where all the good stuff happens.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:09:05 am

True but it's right there in Motion too- so not like a trip to AFX is needed.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:13:24 am

Definitely. Especially when a lifetime of Motion costs as much as a month of AE.

Return to posts index

David Cooke
on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:52:29 pm

Thanks Noah and Brett for your responses. I had forgotten about the transform controls where you can add points and make them smooth/etc on the path that is created in the viewer. I'll still use the Alex Curve Scale plug in when I want to "slew" something in a zoom in our zoom out.

D's Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]