FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
P2 audio
on Aug 1, 2015 at 6:11:12 am

I recorded a video using two channels in a 250 P2 cam. Left and right. Monitored carefully. Two mikes used one to right channel and second mike to the left. Left and right clearly heard using headphones in the P2 cam and mixer.

Got imported in FCP x10.2.1 as

One mike plays back distant and not as it was recorded.
If I click around the track in the inspector I can get the track to play as vibrant as it got recorded but I can't figure out exactly how it turns on and off or how to play back both tracks as they should.

Maybe my import settings were wrong? I have a copy of the original P2 card in case I have to import again.

Or maybe I just need a different configuration. I can switch to 2 stereo but it doesn't help
Also this cam usually records to channel 3 and 4 even though it does not play those channels out the headphones. Its the onboard internal mike and comes in handy as a back up or sync track but the sound sucks so most of the time I turn them off in FC. But maybe one of the new FC updates have changed things.

Oh this is all being played so far in the browser. Haven't started building the time line yet.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 audio
on Aug 1, 2015 at 2:53:54 pm

Set the audio to 4 mono and turn off channels 3&4.

Add to a Project and you will be able to isolate the channel you need.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 1, 2015 at 3:30:56 pm

Thanks. So that has not changed but is there any way to do this isolation in the browser? Or to be more specific - I shot with two cameras one has the audio track and the other recorded with onboard mike as a reference track and I want to cut between using multi cam. So I was concerned that I should set levels on the two tracks before editing using multicam.

Not sure if that is needed or will I continue to be able to adjust the levels for each channel in the project rather than the browser?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 1, 2015 at 7:37:05 pm

I'd suggest saving that for the final mix. You can access them either within the Angle editor or within the timeline itself as audio component editing, provided the channel configuration remains mono.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]