FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX not displaying via BMD DecLink Mini Monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott reynolds
FCPX not displaying via BMD DecLink Mini Monitor
on Jul 27, 2015 at 4:15:23 pm

This one has me stumped, so I'm hoping the collective experience of the group might have an insight.

Due to some issues with problematic plug-ins, I was forced to re-install FCPX (10.2.1). All is fine, except, A/V output via the BMD DeckLink Mini Monitor - no output is seen. I'm using the latest driver set (10.4.2). I have tried various combinations of re-installing FCPX and the Desktop Video Utility software, all to no available. I've tried different versions of the Desktop Video Utility as well. Same result

Until I was forced to re-install FCPX, this combination (FCPX 10.2.1/OS X 10.10.4 + BMD Desktop Video 10.4.2) was working fine.

I've tried using the Black Magic Media Express app, just to see if the problem was the driver, and that displays images fine, so I'm assuming the problem lies somewhere within FCPX. FCPX detects the A/V hardware correctly as reported in the Preferences Playback pane, it's just that no images appear on the external display.

Is anyone aware of any way to debug this problem further.

Thanks for any consideration you can give to this problem.

Best,
Scott R.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX not displaying via BMD DecLink Mini Monitor
on Jul 27, 2015 at 5:46:27 pm

Use the BMD uninstaller to completely uninstall the drivers, then reinstall.

Return to posts index

scott reynolds
on Jul 27, 2015 at 5:58:41 pm

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, but I have indeed done that - multiple times, with multiple different driver sets (10.4, 10.4.1 and 10.4.2).

Just to reiterate the BMD's own application (Black Magic Media Express) and Final Cut 7 correctly use the installed hw and drivers, and correctly display images on the A/V screen. The problem is limited to FCPX using the display.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 27, 2015 at 6:09:35 pm

You have to be sure a/v output is on in fcpx in the window menu.

Return to posts index

scott reynolds
on Jul 27, 2015 at 6:28:50 pm

yep. it's shown (and selected) with the correct properties (@29.97).

It's a weird one.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 27, 2015 at 7:14:05 pm

Is it checked on in the Window menu? Separate from prefs. It does not show properties, there should've a check mark next to it.

Return to posts index

scott reynolds
on Jul 27, 2015 at 7:55:50 pm

Jeremy, thanks for sticking at this this. Yes, this was a fairly obvious step that I neglected to include in my original description. Sorry. I have been bit by that before, so it was checked and enabled in the Window pull-down menu (A/V Output).

However, in a fit of frustration and grasping of straws, I've just re-installed OS X Yosemite. As part of this, I seemed to have picked up an update to the Apple Professional Codecs, plus I had to re-install the BMD Desktop Video Utility once again.

Now it's working. I have no idea why, as nothing "changed" per-se. I'm not sure which one or combination of these actions was responsible, but the answer is it's back up and running.I suppose I just have to chalk it up to "spooky action at a distance", but I'm going to be on pins and needles for a little while, that's for sure.

Thanks again for your suggestions Jeremy. It's so valuable to have another set of eyes saying "Well have you checked this? done that?". Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]