COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Pipe
DayToday intro? How to Achieve?
on Jul 26, 2015 at 12:09:09 pm

Hey guys,

I was curious how they achieved the effect in the Daytoday intro,

1:07-1:40.

Im not sure if its just a combo of some things in post, or if it is also filmed differently to give it that "grainy(?) look, I'm not sure what they did to the footage, but I really like that look. And Im assuming they just played the clips at a faster speed?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: DayToday intro? How to Achieve?
on Jul 26, 2015 at 1:40:30 pm

You could accomplish this look using Boris Continuum Complete. The grain and film scratches can be added with BCC Film Damage from BCC Film Styles and the interference transitions can be created with BCC Damage TV from BCC Transitions. I'm sure there are other plug-ins that could accomplish this but I use Boris FX plug-ins a lot.

The fast sequence looks more like an image collage than running video faster i.e., created from still images shown in a rapid sequence.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Dylan Pipe
on Jul 27, 2015 at 4:03:17 am

Sweet, but is there any maybe cheaper way of achieving this look?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 27, 2015 at 1:38:12 pm

Could probably come up with something in the cheap with X built in plugs bad tv, film grain, and I think one called vhs and/or camera record. I think the free universe plugs might have something too.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:33:59 pm

Also wanted to note that it looks quite a bit like 60p footage in a 24p timeline... very action-filmy with little motion blur.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]