FORUMS: list search recent posts

Join all clips before adding to timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlton bennett
Join all clips before adding to timeline
on Jul 22, 2015 at 7:10:41 pm

I am truly a beginner at this and having trouble understanding compound clips(or at least I think thats what I'm trying to do). I have about 5 clips in my project and I want to join them together to make one long clip before I create multi-cam clips.

Is there a way to join them together before I do the MC clip?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Join all clips before adding to timeline
on Jul 23, 2015 at 4:30:12 am

Why? They'll all be in a single "container" once they're in the multicam clip. Assuming these are clips that match up to other camera/audio angles you want to sync with.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jul 27, 2015 at 9:12:49 pm

i'd personally assign an angle to the clips and let multicam sort them out. Then I'd make a compound clip from that angle so I could do any necessary colour grading globally across them all at once. The reason for doing it that way is that I've had some supposedly sequential clips (created necause of file size limits) that were missing a frame or two and the multicam makes sure that's accounted for before I make the compound clip.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

carlton bennett
on Jul 29, 2015 at 3:58:22 pm

Thank you everyone for the informative replies. This whole video editing thing can be quite daunting sometimes, but its forums like this that make it easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]