FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is FCPX ready for AVC-100 long-G?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Is FCPX ready for AVC-100 long-G?
on Jul 22, 2015 at 6:14:52 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jul 22, 2015 at 6:16:06 pm

We just got new P2 cameras (the AJ-PX800G) that offer AVC-100 in a few "flavors", including AVC100 "Long G", for when you also want to live stream out of the camera at a field location, using the optional built-in G4LTE modem card.

Curious if the P2 ingest process we use now in FCPX will be the same, and how well FCPX handles this format. Do the P2 readers need an update, or do we need intermediary codec conversion in an outboard app before ingest?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Is FCPX ready for AVC-100 long-G?
on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:22:46 am

I'd be on the horn with a Panasonic rep. Either it is already compatible or it it more than likely to be at some point in the near future. Panasonic's FCPX support is pretty solid if not always up to the minute.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Is FCPX ready for AVC-100 long-G?
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:30:51 pm

My testing is not complete, but what I found is, the old P2 card readers recognize and identify a clip as AVC100, but will not play it or do anything with it. When you put the P2 reader into USB pass-through mode,and connect it to the iMac, FCPX finds and uploads the AVC100 files like you'd expect and are used to with DVCProHD files.

The next thing I'll test is, can FCPX detect the camera as if it was an external drive, using either the LAN port on it or the USB2 port that's designed for an add-on modem card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]