FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is the a way to have Time code on the import window?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robert mckoen
Is the a way to have Time code on the import window?
on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:16:07 am

Hi,

Tried searching many forums for this answer and I hoping that the brilliant minds here can help me

I have my gh4 set on long records (up to 4 hr segments) as I am recording wildlife. I am not close to my camera to hit stop and start but I can record the timecodes of when wildlife passes by my lense. Now I want to be able to scrub through footage in the import window using the timecodes that I have written down instead of viewing 4 hrs of footage. In FCP 7 I was able to scrub via time code and then set an in and out for that specific 15-30 sec scene and then move down the line for the next scene but I dont see how to do it on X. What am I missing?

I am trying to move to FCP X but I am having a slow time at it.

So Is one able to view the time code before final import into X?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Is the a way to have Time code on the import window?
on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:24:59 am

You cannot selectively trim file-based clips like the GH4's upon ingest into FCPX but there are two ways you can get around this:

Option 1. Import the entire file in FCPX, but without copying the media to the Library (via Preferences).

This way you can work with the file in FCPX without making another copy of the large file.

Option 2. Trim the file before importing it.

Open the file with QT player.
Choose Edit > Trim. The trimming bar appears.
Drag the yellow trimming bar handles to the left and right to select the portion you want to use.
Then click Trim and choose File > Export to export the selection to a standalone movie.
When the export is done close QT player and when asked do not save the changes. This will leave your original file intact.
Now you can import import just the selection in FCPX.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]