FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio sounds (and looks) fine in FCPX but clips after export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris McFetridge
Audio sounds (and looks) fine in FCPX but clips after export
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:01:12 pm

Hi all. I'm a newbie to this forum but am hoping you can help me out. I'm working with a bit of audio and video in Final Cut Pro X. The vocals had a bit of noise so I cleaned them up, using 'Background noise removal' found in Audio Enhancements. I also applied a Logic compressor to the track. It sounds perfect and, from watching the waveforms/audio levels, everything sits -4db, no peaks.

The strangest thing happens when I export though, for some reason the audio starts clipping, popping and clicking. This isn't in the FCPX edit though, which plays through fine. If I bring the track into Logic you can see some clipping occur looking at the waveforms. Have any of you had this experience or know how to solve it? I just want the audio heard in FCPX to be in the finished product too.

Thanks in advance, Chris

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio sounds (and looks) fine in FCPX but clips after export
on Jul 21, 2015 at 6:25:59 pm

to what format are you exporting? And does the source include MP3s?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Chris McFetridge
Re: Audio sounds (and looks) fine in FCPX but clips after export
on Jul 22, 2015 at 10:54:11 am

Hi Noah, I've exported the audio as MP3 and M4A. I believe the original source was MP3. There was A LOT of noise on the track, which I cleaned up in FCPX. It sounds fine within the software but as soon as it's exported there's popping and a bit of clipping. Perhaps it was like that on the original track and the noise masked it. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]