FORUMS: list search recent posts

Excessive fonts bug out the font selector drop down

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Koby
Excessive fonts bug out the font selector drop down
on Jul 20, 2015 at 4:32:26 pm

Does anyone else see an issue where the fonts selector drop down menu in the inspector goes blank and/or has issues displaying all of the fonts?

We see this on computers where the user has installed a large number of fonts. It is not a problem on a computer with only a few user fonts installed.

FCPX 10.2.1

Keith Koby
Sr. Director Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Excessive fonts bug out the font selector drop down
on Jul 20, 2015 at 6:57:05 pm

Not sure how many you mean by excessive but you might be running into RAM limit issues depending on the quantity.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jul 20, 2015 at 7:08:36 pm

Also, fonts are an area where its super easy to get a rogue bad file - particularly if like me, you've been computing for a long, long time and have accumulated a mountain of fonts from a huge variety of font development eras. After all, who knows when I'm going to need to create a ransom note - and only the original San Francisco bit-mapped aesthetic will do!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:11:28 pm

[Bill Davis] "Also, fonts are an area where its super easy to get a rogue bad file - particularly if like me, you've been computing for a long, long time and have accumulated a mountain of fonts from a huge variety of font development eras. "

This point cannot be overstated. Fonts can cause big trouble in a heartbeat...
I think your first step is to verify and / or repair every font on the affected system(s). Will probably clear up peculiarities with other apps as well - just watch out for that Microsoft Office font folder!

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]