FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding .mov file to Generator

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Gardiner
Adding .mov file to Generator
on Jul 13, 2015 at 3:28:08 pm

Hello

We're using Final Cut Pro and would like to add a couple .mov files to 'Generator'... can we do this without using Motion? We don't have Motion.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Adding .mov file to Generator
on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:17:21 pm

Can you be a little more specific? You cannot edit Motion effects/filters directly without a copy of Motion.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Martin Gardiner
on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:30:27 pm

Hopefully, I can be more specific, but I don't know Final Cut. We have a lower third that animates on and then the end of it is loopable. So, one editor who no longer works here brought it into Motion and made one file that is the whole thing, the other file cuts off the beg. animation so that it can be looped. Hopefully, that makes sense.

So, the workflow used to be just to grab the two files from the Generator. Now, we have a new lower third and would like to set up the same workflow for Editors using Final Cut (without Motion).

Can we do this without motion or is it best to just import the two files each time?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:48:24 pm

Editing the template requires Motion and at $49 seems like a wise investment here. Otherwise you'd need to make a workaround like you described.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Martin Gardiner
on Jul 13, 2015 at 10:09:55 pm

It's no longer a template... the new one is just a lower third .mov file made externally. But I guess to get files in the generator tab it needs to be done in Motion?

You can't just put files in the 'generator' tab that will always show up whenever one edits in Final Cut... or can you?

Return to posts index

David Hudson
on Jul 15, 2015 at 3:22:41 pm

hmm..? Not sure why you are trying to place it in the generator cat?
Are there parameters that need/can be adjusted? If not, you just need the
.mov file in a location all editors can access then place in their event to use as
needed.

Return to posts index

Martin Gardiner
on Jul 15, 2015 at 3:27:30 pm

do you mean... just in a shared drive that they can just import into the project each time? or is there a spot to put it in like a final cut 'preset' or 'templates' folder that will always be there every time they open FCP?

I think they're just used to it being in there, but if that's no longer an option... I'll tell them that. thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]