FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Online, need to take offline without deleting and reconnect to a backup drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
Media Online, need to take offline without deleting and reconnect to a backup drive
on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:22:24 pm

My drive is crapping out on me and what is happening is that the media that I captured with that drive is very glitchy and I didn't realize it until I had synced up my changed my metadata, linked up my four cameras and sound and started to edit the footage. Now my problem is, I don't know how to take this media offline and then batch capture my footage with all the same information from my backup drive. My backup drive has a different name, so don't know if I need to rename it?

Also, I copy and transcoded all the media to a drive holding the library, so all my footage is stored on an external drive. So DRIVE A has library and copy / transcoded media DRIVE B & C have all the raw media.

Anyway, I hope someone can help me as I'm trying to finalize my rough edit tonight.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.elderpictures.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Elder
Re: Media Online, need to take offline without deleting and reconnect to a backup drive
on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:46:10 pm

I cannot figure out a way to make the media offline and then relink it to my backup drive, everything I am looking at doesn't seem to make it possible?

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.elderpictures.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Media Online, need to take offline without deleting and reconnect to a backup drive
on Jul 8, 2015 at 9:30:35 pm

If you need to relink your whole library, you can highlight the library in the browser. Then select all the media and choose file>relink files. Instead of checking the "missing" box check the "all" box. Then you should only need to point it to the new drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]