FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Popping/Clicking Sound in YouTube Playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kozick
Audio Popping/Clicking Sound in YouTube Playback
on Jul 8, 2015 at 1:46:55 am

I've created a music video in Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1. I imported an audio file into FCPX. I used the audio filter Compressor in FCPX on the audio file. When I play the video back in FCPX it sounds great. There is no clipping and the sound is clean.

However, when I share/export the video to YouTube and play it back from YouTube, I get popping/clicking sounds coming from the soundtrack that are not heard at all when I play it back in FCPX. I've created a share/export of the video using the Export File option and played it back in QuickTime and it sounds fine.

The audio formats I've tried for import into FCPX are Interleaved WAV, Interleaved AIF, and MP3. All of them have the same popping/clicking effect when played back from YouTube

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Please advise.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Audio Popping/Clicking Sound in YouTube Playback
on Jul 8, 2015 at 2:07:20 pm

Just noticed that using YouTube via Share.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 8, 2015 at 2:56:27 pm

Popping clicking is a sampling rate error. Make sure the source audio matches the project audio settings and anything MP3 or lower should be converted to AIF before importing into FCPX. Also make sure to check YouTube on another machine as it could simply be a playback problem specific to that compute.r

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

James Kozick
on Jul 8, 2015 at 5:21:01 pm

I think I found the culprit.

But, before I get to that, thanks for the tips you gave. The sampling rates between the project and the audio file did not match. So, I corrected that, tested and the problem was still there. Then I tested it on a another computer and the problem was still there. Curiously, though the clicking started about 30 seconds into the video and then vanished about 20 seconds later.

So, I decided to to try out a version where I did not include the FCPX Compressor as part of the audio processing when it exported to YouTube. Now, the clicking is gone from YouTube playback. It appears that the FCPX Compressor was somehow introducing the clicking in playback from YouTube, but not when playing the file in FCPX.

Thanks again for your tips. Your best practices suggestions I will be sure to make use of.

If you have any further thoughts on this Compressor issue, please let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]