FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting echo when creating multicam clip with multi audio from a recording device

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Knight
Getting echo when creating multicam clip with multi audio from a recording device
on Jul 4, 2015 at 11:59:31 pm

I hope someone can help with this issue its very frustrating.

I am using two camera's and 3 audio devices - lav mic, shot gun and dynamic mic - all connected to zoom h6 recording device and all recording at the exact same time. The purpose of the recording is for an interview.

I select all video and audio files in the browser and create a multicam clip, relying on audio syn from the camera mic. For some reason I get a very slight echo from the lav mic but the other mics are ok.

Now, this is the bazaar part, if I drag just the audio clips into the timeline there is NO echo and I don't have to make any special adjustments to the audio tracks to get rid of echo. It just works fine. I can then create a compound clip with all 3 audio with obviously no echo. It is only when I create a multicam clip that the slight echo occurs, which makes no sense to me.

All this would be ok if I was able to create a multicam clip with just the video and create a compound clip with the audio and then somehow edit them together but as far as I know this can't be done.

I'm hoping I don't need to take the audio into another audio program and create one wave file then bring it back into fcpx and then create a multicam clip. And I'm not sure how to make audio syn better once the a multicam clip has been created, which I don't actually think is the issue anyway.

Has anyone else had this issue, I hope you can help.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Getting echo when creating multicam clip with multi audio from a recording device
on Jul 5, 2015 at 8:07:56 pm

When you say echo do you mean when you have more than one audio track active in the multicam editor? If so that would indicate one audio is out of sync. Try moving it a frame or two forward/backward with the placement tool and see if the echo phases out. Make sure to have snapping off so that you can slide it by subframes.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]