FORUMS: list search recent posts

Producing Drama TV Series

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ievgenii Larin
Producing Drama TV Series
on Jul 1, 2015 at 12:29:04 pm

Hi guys,

We're designing fast-paced workflow for producing drama TV series.

We'll be shooting on multiple Sony FS7 (HD, XAVC-I, S-Log3).

For post workflow we have chosen two options so far: FCPX/Resolve/Pro Tools & Media Composer/Symphony/Pro Tools.

Editing will be done on the latest iMac with local Thunderbolt storage attached. On-set generated proxies will be used.

The missing link is video assist software. This week we’re testing QTAKE HD. It has nice export option to FCPX. Although it also exports ALE to Media Composer. The issue is that camera clipnames are not transferred via SDI. QTAKE support is notified but they haven’t come up with solution yet.

The one thing I’ve noticed on QTAKE website is that they have Light Iron in the partners section. I wonder if QTAKE was used for producing Focus.

If we go Avid route, we won’t have any problems finding local editors. On the other hand I really want to convince people give FCPX a try.

I’m still trying wrap my head around the whole thing and I need a piece of advice from the community.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Producing Drama TV Series
on Jul 1, 2015 at 7:43:01 pm

So what's your question? Sounds like you should go with who you can find to operate the NLEs. FCPX will definitely be the leaner more cost-effective route and is much easier to train new editors on. Then again if you have the budget to fully support and pay good experienced Avid editors you'll get some good folks.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]