FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 10.2.1 track selection broken

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sherril Schlesinger
FCP 10.2.1 track selection broken
on Jul 1, 2015 at 8:34:41 am

Hi all,

I am in the middle of a project and suddenly lost the ability to select anything other than VIDEO ONLY when I cut any media into my project. The track selection is stuck! I have trashed preferences, restarted, repaired disk permissions - all multiple times and nothing worked. In desperation, I upgraded to 10.2.1.....yes, mid project....and the problem STILL persists. I even uninstalled FCP and did a fresh install. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I am working on a MacBook Pro - Retina 2.7 GHz intel Core i7 with 16 GB of RAM.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP 10.2.1 track selection broken
on Jul 1, 2015 at 4:18:22 pm

Meaning, if you hit shift-1 (the shortcut for adding video + audio) and add a clip to your Project, you still get a video only clip?

If you select the clip in the Browser, open the inspector, choose the audio tab, is the audio turned on?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Sherril Schlesinger
on Jul 1, 2015 at 5:10:23 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Yes,that is correct....Shift-1 wasn't working either - it made the little icons change in the buttons to the left of the pull down menu but the selector was stuck on VIDEO ONLY!
The audio was turned on and playing fine in the browser.

The reason I speak in past tense is that this morning I was able to fix it :) It occurred to me that I had switched over to FCP 7 (which I am running on the same system) - just before this all started on X!

I am simultaneously doing a recut on a doc that was cut on 7. Both programs had been working great.....and I had switched back and forth before without any problems.

Yesterday, I had been trashing X's preferences, but not 7's. This morning I did BOTH, verified and repaired disk permissions, repaired the HD, emptied the trash, restarted and voila.....it worked!! I think it was a weird conflict between X and 7....if anyone knows what would have caused this weird audio glitch, I'd love to hear from them.

I know they don't recommend working on both programs on the same HD but it was working for me up until then!!

Thanks!
Sherril

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 1, 2015 at 5:18:18 pm

Weird.

I have both programs on one drive (and setup to Apple's recommendations), but haven't seen this. At least you have it sorted!

You shouldn't be able to open both of them at the same time. If you're somehow doing that, try not to do it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Sherril Schlesinger
on Jul 1, 2015 at 5:27:13 pm

Hey Jeremy,

I have both on the same HD but the drive is NOT partitioned :(

Yes....I know better than to ever open them simultaneously.

Sad that Apple made their programs so hostile towards each other!!!

Thanks for responding,
Sherril

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]