FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import XAVC to FCPX 10.2.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Björn Obenius
Import XAVC to FCPX 10.2.1
on Jun 27, 2015 at 6:52:44 pm

I did a shoot with a Sony PXW-X70 in XAVC. When I try to import into latest FCPX which I also have updated with the latest ProVIdeoFormats FCPX closes down. I have an XDROOT folder inside another folder which I call Sony. The X70 is not on the Apple list of supported cameras but the file format is. What am I doing wrong here?
Regards, Björn

vidiot

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
Re: Import XAVC to FCPX 10.2.1
on Jun 27, 2015 at 8:42:35 pm

Make sure the X70 is updated to Firmware V2.0. Your SDXC card has to be formatted under V2.0. Material recorded prior to the firmware update can't be imported. Also only one codec can be recorded on the SDXC card, in other words you can't mix XAVC-L and AVCHD on the same card. Copy the entire card contents to a folder on your hard drive - preferably not your boot drive. In the Import window, look for a sub folder called Private. There you will find your clips. All folders from the card must be copied to the folder on the hard drive without changing names.

If the material was recorded on an earlier firmware, you have to transcode to ProRes with Sony Catalyst Browse software (free) or EditReady from Divergent Media ($50).

Return to posts index

Björn Obenius
Re: Import XAVC to FCPX 10.2.1
on Jun 28, 2015 at 4:18:20 pm

Thanks!
At last I can sort this out.
Regards, Björn

vidiot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]