FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Sound From FCPX to Protools

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hani Fayed
Exporting Sound From FCPX to Protools
on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:33:02 am
Last Edited By Hani Fayed on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:39:54 am

What is the best and EASIEST way (NO ERRORS) to hand in all my audio files synced to the footage in the timeline to my audio engineer (protools), meaning i have arround 4 audios synced to each footage i have (4 different mics same shot same take), i just want to send in the audios edited in my timeline so that he coulp pick and mess arround with them. I have xto7 so i can export OMF from fcp 7 since i edit on fcpx. after i had my timeline on fcp7, i had alot of different problems Mainly because of xto7 application. some of the shots i had just a frame of them and ALL of the footage had 2 audio files instead of 4 and just one footage had 3 audios. Now i do not know what is the best way to hand in the audio files AND still mess arround with the audio, like i want m audio engineer to still extend the audio clips and mess arround with it. I heard of Xtopro (fcpx to protools) i dont know if it will give me the same result, like bunch of different errors and all that. (plus i cant test it on my computer since i have no protools and i dont want to risk 150$ on an app that might not get me what i need.)
NOTE: The audio files of the same shot, same take are all in the same video synced on FCPX.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Exporting Sound From FCPX to Protools
on Jun 26, 2015 at 2:01:36 pm

Can you post a shot from FCP 7 as well?

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
on Jun 26, 2015 at 2:11:43 pm

I say never go back to 7.

I use XtoPro all the time, but I go to Nuendo. No problems. The program is made for ProTools but work with others as long as you can import the AAF session.

The beauty is that when you have set up all the roles, then you can select which one to use in the sound-session.

I use it for all my productions, even now with re-conform in Nuendo. Editing sound is like a breeze.

/helge

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:24:37 pm

I just used XtoPro and sent the AAF to a Pro Tools guy and it worked perfectly. Make sure you set your roles for the audio.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 3.5MHz 6-Core Late 2013
FCP X

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]