FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switching to the multicam editor once project started.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam evans
Switching to the multicam editor once project started.
on Jun 23, 2015 at 8:41:50 pm

Hello gurus,

I'm aware fcpx has a brilliant multicam editor (I presume it's brilliant). I've got a project with 3 layers of video from 3 cameras, all synched up and would like to switch it to the multicam editor without losing synch... the audio on the tracks is from 3 different tie mics, so it won't auto synch based on audio.

Is there a way of now switching to multicam from the timeline?
Or is there a display setting so I can view the three visual levels at once?

Any ideas would be REALLY appreciated, as I don't think editing based on how the wide shot looks is going to be a sensible use of time!

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Switching to the multicam editor once project started.
on Jun 24, 2015 at 1:22:28 am

You could copy/paste the tracks into a new Multicam clip. Basically- take one clip- File>New Multicam Clip.

Then double click into that Clip. Add Angle and copy paste each set of synced clips into a new angle. Going to take a while tho...

Next time do it from scratch like this- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12659?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 24, 2015 at 1:26:05 am

If they're all in the timeline synced up, then you could match frame each one at the same spot, and add a marker to each in the event. Then sync based on markers. Should work in theory. I've always had audio.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:54:36 pm

another way woudl be to turn each video clip and each audio clip into a compound clip of equal length on the time line. then when you create your multicam clip, you simply line up each clip to the far left side.

because each compound clip is of same length, synch will be maintained perfectly

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:51:27 pm

Could you then break them apart in the multicam editor? That'd be a nice trick as well. The idea of compound clips in the multicam just seems like more overhead for an already over burdened piece of software.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:55:34 pm

never tried, not sure if that would work or not. i think if u just have the clip in the CC won't slow u down too much, but yeah for sure, it's a work around.

if its too slow, you could also export each full length CC as a pro-res and reimport.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:59:42 pm

I dunno. Seems like shift+F, marker, shift+F marker, shift+F, marker, then make multicam clip might be just as fast and have a cleaner result than option+G, option+G, option+G, then make a multicam which consists of compound clips. However, if you already have some cuts and you wanted to switch to the multicam, you could compound the already done cuts and utilize as a sort of pre-viz angle in the multicam or just leave it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]