FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Correction Color Mask and shape mask features in FCP X 10.1.4 MISSING in 10.2.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cooke
Color Correction Color Mask and shape mask features in FCP X 10.1.4 MISSING in 10.2.1
on Jun 19, 2015 at 8:01:49 pm

In FCP 10.1, you were able (in the color corrector) use a color mask or shape mask to adjust color,luma, etc like if you just needed to help out someone's face but not the rest of their body or the scene. Now that the color corrector is an "effect" (like in FCP 7) I don't see how you can do that. There are NO controls in the color board to do this!

D's Video

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Color Correction Color Mask and shape mask features in FCP X 10.1.4 MISSING in 10.2.1
on Jun 19, 2015 at 8:08:20 pm

In the inspector hover over the title bar where it says Color Corrector 1. Or click on the downward pointing arrow all the way to the right

Return to posts index

David Cooke
Re: Color Correction Color Mask and shape mask features in FCP X 10.1.4 MISSING in 10.2.1
on Jun 19, 2015 at 8:13:54 pm

Thanks Nick, just found it after doing just that

D's Video

Return to posts index

David Cooke
Re: Color Correction Color Mask and shape mask features in FCP X 10.1.4 MISSING in 10.2.1 FOUND
on Jun 19, 2015 at 8:12:41 pm

I apologize, but should have know Apple is "famous" for those "hidden" or hard to find "pulldowns". When you apply the "Color Correction" effect, up in the Inspector, you at 1st ONLY SEE the Gray bar that says "Color Correction" with the "Reset" arrow on the right end of that bar. Below is the words "Color Board" with an arrow surrounded by a multicolor ring. You have to actually click, (or touch with a pen) on the upper gray bar, then you get the "mask icon". If you click and hold on that icon, you get a pulldown menu that has the following: "add shape mask, add color mask, invert masks". I hope this helps out others who have been caught by this.

D's Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]