FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Multiple Editors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Penny Clark
FCPX Multiple Editors
on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:44:53 am

Hello,

I currently work as a solo editor but with expansion looming there is going to be a need for a second editor. I'm currently using FCPX, am I correct in thinking that we can have two editors working in the same project (or Library as FCPX calls it)?
If I store all media and events/projects on an external drive can I share this drive with a second editor on a separate mac? If for example (I work in levels), I create a Library for each level, which will hold the events and projects (bins and sequences), then we can switch between Libraries with ease? I could work on Level 2 while the second editor is working on Level 9 for example. But I could access Level 9 one the Library was closed?
I am used to Avid when it comes to multiple editors and this was such an easy process, only the bin being locked when the other editor was using it.
Thank you in advance for any help :)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX Multiple Editors
on Jun 18, 2015 at 4:58:32 pm

[Penny Clark] "I am used to Avid when it comes to multiple editors and this was such an easy process, only the bin being locked when the other editor was using it."

Unfortunately, X does not work this way at all.

It is one user per Library open at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]