FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Color Correction Not Working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Multicam Color Correction Not Working
on Jun 17, 2015 at 10:42:51 pm

I've got a 4 angle multicam project, and when I color correct an angle within the angle editor, the change does not show up in the edited project. I've tried using both Color Finale and the color board with the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

David Gregorio
Re: Multicam Color Correction Not Working
on Jun 18, 2015 at 2:41:29 am

I've never had an issue with this before, however I haven't done it since 10.2 so I just tested it out w/ some screen cap clips (pro-ress 422) that I had here on my home machine.
Worked fine.
You might try it out the same way in a test library w/ prores-422 clips. If your using a camera codec and it works with prores then that might indicate a codec issue (or at least you can verify that you're doing it right).

You do get the option to transcode media if you right-click a multicam clip in the event browser. That might be worth a shot as well.

A couple of other things. You might verify that background rendering is on (in fcpx preferences). Flushing the render files and letting them rebuild also helps with some of the weirder glitches.

As always, there is also the standard apple checklist found here.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203477

Side note:
One thing I just discovered in my quick tests now. Out of curiosity I created a compound clip, thew a generator in that and then tried to make that into a multicam clip. FCPX did not like that at all and I had to force quit.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Multicam Color Correction Not Working
on Jun 18, 2015 at 8:49:32 pm

Thanks for the advice, David. I ended up just applying grade presets clip-by-clip to the edited multicam clip––just to get it done. But this will be a good resource for next time!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]