FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shifting retiming starting point

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Douma
Shifting retiming starting point
on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:32:11 pm

Hi all,

A question about retiming in FCPX and then in particular changing the variable retiming. Consider the following:

I have applied retiming to part of a clip using the Range Selection tool and that works fine with a build in and build out. Now I want to shift the beginning of the retiming to start earlier or later and I cannot find how to do that. E.g. if I want to start the slow motion later in the clip, I would expect I could drag the handle at the end of the 100% part to the right. But when I do that, it will change the speed at the beginning from 100% to less than 100%. That is not what I want. I want the start of the slow motion to shift to the right. The only way I can see now is to re-select the range with the variable speed, reset the timer and select the new part of the clip and re-apply the timer. It would be so much easier if I could just drag the start of the slow motion to change the starting point. There must be a way to do this, I just can't find it.

Any ideas ?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Shifting retiming starting point
on Jun 17, 2015 at 10:28:20 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Jun 17, 2015 at 10:35:40 pm

Double click the center of the retiming transition... little pop up will appear and you can choose to move the edit point by dragging the little film frame handle...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
Re: Shifting retiming starting point
on Jun 18, 2015 at 11:25:00 am

Brilliant. Thanks very much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved