FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing Clips in Secondary Storylines after Project Duplication or XML Import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Marshall
Disappearing Clips in Secondary Storylines after Project Duplication or XML Import
on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:03:40 pm

I've noticed that when I duplicate a project, or re-import a project via XML, there are occasionally times when one or more clips in my secondary storyline disappear. Often the storyline itself is still there with one or more of the clips that belong in it, but one or more other clips have simply vanished into thin air. Obviously this is disconcerting, as one would like to know that duplicating a project duplicates the entire project verbatim. Same with XML import, whether it be from a roundtrip to the colorist or client notes from Kollaborate via XML.

I'm not running the current version of FCP, but instead FCP 10.1.4. I learned long ago never to update software mid-stream, and I'm coming to the end of a 9 month edit. Once I deliver the masters for this show I plan to update, but not before then.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, have the more recent updates solved it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]