FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need resolution for missing clips alert when all clips are there?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Need resolution for missing clips alert when all clips are there?
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:31:13 pm

From time to time do any of you get the missing clips alert on a project (and therefore an event) even though all of the clips are there?

I am having this issue. When I attempt to relink files, the missing files are ones that aren't in the project or event. They may have been at one point, but no longer. I deleted them from the project and moved them to the trash within FCP X.

The database is holding on to the reference in the background because they sure aren't showing up anymore in the library. It'd be nice to have a "forget these missing files" feature.

Solutions other than relinking them only to delete them again would be appreciated.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Need resolution for missing clips alert when all clips are there?
on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:02:51 pm

I've noticed this. Usually restarting fcpx fixes it.

If not, make a new project, copy/paste from old project, and delete old project.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Need resolution for missing clips alert when all clips are there?
on Jun 12, 2015 at 11:55:50 pm

I've had a couple of instances where an event shows the missing media badge, but all of the projects were complete and all of the used media was online.

In each of these cases, I was able to identify which clips were "missing" using Final Cut Library Manager. As it turned out, one of these files was a spurious reference to a metadata sidecar buried in a camera card, somehow identified as valid media. Following the symlink from within the library showed that it was actually pointing to a .png that was in one of the edits.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]