FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying keyworded ranges from one clip to another

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Chastney
Copying keyworded ranges from one clip to another
on Jun 9, 2015 at 10:07:46 pm

I have interview clips (Great video, crummy audio) and I have the recorded audio as a separate clip. I've scrubbed through the interview clip keywording ranges of the clip with "SUBJECT" and a Ranking 1-5 and applied notes to those keywords transcribing interesting things the subject said.

I forgot to create a "Synchronized Clip" before scrubbing and keywording the interview, when I Synchronize the audio and video it creates a new synchronized clip but my keywording data w/ notes are only attached to the original "Video Only" clip.

Is there a way to copy all of that keyword data to the new Synchronized clip? The durations are the same

For the rest of my interview clips I will synchronize before scrubbing. Hoping you all could help me save the work I've already done on about 70% of my interview material. Thank you.

This image is my "Video only" clip with bad audio and keyworded ranges

This image is the "Synchronized" clip which I'd like to copy all of the keyworded ranges to.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Copying keyworded ranges from one clip to another
on Jun 9, 2015 at 10:34:57 pm

The simple way I can think of would be to export the synced clip out of FCPX and then reconnect that new media to the clip in your browser with the keywords. Only problem is you'll lose a generation.

Another way to do it that is more involved (and might not work) would be:

Export an XML of the Event.
Then edit the XML in a text editor.
Look for Then look for Then find the Paste the Save the new XML.
Reimport into FCPX.

If it worked- the new synced clip will gain the keywords you copied in the XML.

Make sure you make a duplicate of this Event/Project before attempting this- it can cause Event corruption if something doesn't work right.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Ben Chastney
on Jun 9, 2015 at 10:43:47 pm

[Noah Kadner] "The simple way I can think of would be to export the synced clip out of FCPX and then reconnect that new media to the clip in your browser with the keywords."

I like this and understand, thank you. I'd like to preserve the "Synchronized Clip" functionality if possible. Being able to open the clip in the timeline and slip the sync

[Noah Kadner] "Look for Then look for Then find the Paste the Save the new XML."

What am I looking for, finding and pasting? I'm interested in this approach, is there a reason I can't see that on my end?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 10, 2015 at 9:44:58 pm

Sorry- looks like the Cow ate those chunks of HTML. You want to copy/paste the lines in the XML that contain "keyword start" under the clip you want to carry over the keywords for. To the same spot in the target.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Ben Chastney
on Jun 10, 2015 at 10:28:53 pm

[Noah Kadner] "looks like the Cow ate those chunks of HTML"

Haha, I heard they have eight stomachs... might not get those back. I used your Option A for this one, worked great. I just did any mixing/ slipping before sharing the master file.

Thanks Noah

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 11, 2015 at 2:59:44 am

Great- glad it worked out.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved