FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I find why Control-Cmnd-S, the theoretical shortcut for the saturation panel in color correction, has "System Reserved" next to it in the command editor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
How can I find why Control-Cmnd-S, the theoretical shortcut for the saturation panel in color correction, has "System Reserved" next to it in the command editor?
on Jun 6, 2015 at 6:02:17 pm

Today I discovered the keyboard shortcuts to go between the different panes in the color board. In theory, Cntrl Cmnd S should open the saturation panel. It doesn't work. I looked in the command editor and I see it says "System Reserved" I went to my Mac system preferences and looked all my keyboard shortcuts and I even spent time browsing online...but i can't figure out how to find what currently is holding Control Command S as a shortcut. Thoughts? How can I do that?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: How can I find why Control-Cmnd-S, the theoretical shortcut for the saturation panel in color correction, has "System Reserved" next to it in the command editor?
on Jun 6, 2015 at 8:10:18 pm

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18418?locale=en_US

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Neil Paisnel
Re: How can I find why Control-Cmnd-S, the theoretical shortcut for the saturation panel in color correction, has "System Reserved" next to it in the command editor?
on Jun 7, 2015 at 8:53:24 am

If I am reading correctlly, the OP has alresdy looked where that link suggests, SysPrefs, Keyboard , Shortcuts.

A link embedded within the page previously linked to,
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18424?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Suggests any conflicts will apoear with Yello Exclamationmark

If that is not happening, then it sounds like a more deep routed cause.

I'd maybe try using that short cut combo, wirh FVPX closed. All apps closefd and see what happens.

Msybe the okd trick of creating a new user to see if it will work in FCPX when logged in as new user.

That might at least pin diwn the issue to 'System' or User

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]