FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double checking: there seems to be no way to jump from the orange "used" checkmark to where the clip is used on the timeline, correct?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Double checking: there seems to be no way to jump from the orange "used" checkmark to where the clip is used on the timeline, correct?
on Jun 4, 2015 at 7:30:57 pm

I want to be able to look at a clip, see what's used, and then via keystroke jump to where it's used on the timeline. Is that possible? I've played around but it seems impossible. Just checking.

Return to posts index

Kathy Murphy
Re: Double checking: there seems to be no way to jump from the orange "used" checkmark to where the clip is used on the timeline, correct?
on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:24:48 pm

If you look at the bottom left you will see a little box with lines in it. Open that and go to Video which will show the list of clips in your time line. Select which ever one you want and it will take you to that point in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: Double checking: there seems to be no way to jump from the orange "used" checkmark to where the clip is used on the timeline, correct?
on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:27:01 pm

I know that. But what I want to do is jump to the clip from the browser. Not from the timeline index. Right now, I have about 200 clips in the storyline so the timeline index is crowded and finding a clip isnt easy.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:58:34 pm

No direct way to do that, unfortunately.

What you could do is enter the name of the file in the search field in the Timeline Index... then you can select the used clips one at a time and shift-F to check it's location in the source.

Backwards, but works okay if you know which file you want to search against.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 6, 2015 at 6:48:50 pm

No reveal in timeline in the browser. In the browser, it does show if a clip is "used." you can then press enter on the clip's name and enter that in the search field of the index and it will then show only that clip and the playhead will jump to that. Another thing to consider is if the clips are all custom named with some organization that works for you then finding what you want in the index gets pretty easy.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]