FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync 2 Audio Tracks in the Timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Kunze
Sync 2 Audio Tracks in the Timeline
on Jun 3, 2015 at 2:44:26 am

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and could really use the help on this issue I am having. I started editing a music video in the timeline with two audio tracks.

Now, I am well aware that you can sync audio and video tracks on the event browser but I have everything on my Timeline now with b-roll and am pretty far into the project.

MY QUESTION: Does anyone know how to get Final Cut to properly sync and align the two audio tracks inside of the Timeline? Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Sync 2 Audio Tracks in the Timeline
on Jun 3, 2015 at 4:41:08 am

Once they're in the timeline you would have to do it manually- which to be honest os a pretty easy thing to do especially for one set of tracks.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Kevin Kunze
on Jun 3, 2015 at 4:44:44 am

Manual syncing is a thing of the past and doesn't work when you have multiple angles and multiple start/stop times. I hope FCP X will fix this with their next update.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 3, 2015 at 7:00:37 pm

What's to fix. FCPX has excellent sync tools when you use them as designed.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jun 3, 2015 at 8:25:37 pm

I am unclear as to what needs syncing....

Kevin, you state in your original post that you want to sync 2 audio tracks. Do you want them to sync to each other, or to some specific video clip(s)?

Was the audio recorded when the video was shot? I ask, because typically with a music video you've got a studio-produced stereo music track, and you tack your multicam / gfx on top. This can only be done manually.

If you've got some other situation, you'll need to walk us through your production process. Currently, however, Noah is spot-on. Multicam sync needs to occur prior to edit, and only works if your sync audio was recorded when the video was shot.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Kevin Kunze
on Jun 3, 2015 at 8:40:30 pm

Ok so I have one studio produced track. I also shot 3 angles and multiple locations.

All I want to do is drag the take I want into the timeline and sync it with the studio track, which is already edited to certain b-roll.

I've found I can sync them in the bin individually, which works ok. But I'm curious to know if there's anyway to sync in the timeline.

I prefer to edit with all the tracks in front of me on the timeline synced like how FCP7/Pluraleyes would work with multi-angles (but not using multi-cam because it takes a lot of power to run on a laptop). It uses less power when it's all on the timeline and not editing in "real time."

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jun 3, 2015 at 9:12:54 pm

Based on this, I don't see any way to do it automatically.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]