FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export keywords to new multicam clips from components.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Lax
Export keywords to new multicam clips from components.
on May 29, 2015 at 1:49:44 pm

I think I may have put this in the wrong forum when I first posted it - apologies!

Hi,

I'm fairly new to video editing and FCPX generally, and have an issue with multicam clips. I've only recently become aware that I could edit 2 shots as a multicam clip, so I have individually assigned keywords to individual shots before combining them to form a multicam. The issue I have is that the keywords are still only assigned to the individual clip and not the multicam clip, so when I try to search and add an edit, it's not being found on the multicam clip. I think that makes sense!

i.e. I've two shots of an interview (clip A and B). I'm trying to create multicam C, however when the clips A and B combine, the keywords associated with sections of A and B do not come up in C and I'd like them to as it would make it so much easier to edit!

Is there any way around this other than re-labelling all the clips once the multicam clips are created? All the shots from now on will be combined into multi cams before assigning keywords, but I have about 90 minutes of previously keyworded footage that I really don't want to go back over if I can help it!

Thanks,

Pete

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Export keywords to new multicam clips from components.
on May 29, 2015 at 5:34:13 pm

Nope- you would need to reapply the keywords to the Multicam clips.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]