FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Canon XF100 with FCPX, import footage and deinterlacing.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Bezem
Workflow Canon XF100 with FCPX, import footage and deinterlacing.
on May 26, 2015 at 2:04:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I want to know if i got the right workflow for fcpx handling my footage. I use a Canon XF100 and shot in 1080 50i MXF. When I import with the Canon plugin I get 1080 25i in fcpx.

A. Is it right that canon 50i means it is 25 fps but interlaced so 50 fields?. FCPX 25i means 25 fps and the i stands for that it is interlaced? So FCPX actually change nothing to the footage, just another way of showing what kind of footage you have???

B. Because it’s interlaced and we make video for web we always need progressive (de-interlaced) What is the best way to do this? What i’m doing now is that after import the footage I select all clips -> inspector -> deinterlace checkbox. Than make a 1080p project (timeline) and doing my edit, also export as 1080p and done. Is this the best way or are there alternative ways with are better or easier?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Workflow Canon XF100 with FCPX, import footage and deinterlacing.
on May 27, 2015 at 2:23:17 am

A. Yes, 50i means 25fps with 50 interlaced fields vs 25p which would have 25 progressive fields vs 25psf which is 25 progressive frames inside a 50 frame interlaced signal.

B. Just using the deinterlace check box is what I'd personally do with interlaced footage and that's done the job for me so far.

But my question would be, is there any reason you're not just shooting 25p on the XF100 to start with?

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]