FORUMS: list search recent posts

sorting clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Wood
sorting clips
on May 25, 2015 at 12:35:39 pm

I am entering shot details and trying to sort all clips by shot number. While FCPX allows me to sort by shot, it does so only within each day. I shot some scenes across multiple days. FCPX doesn't appear to allow me to override the date separation of the clips. Is there a way around this obstacle without changing the date on every shot to be the same?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: sorting clips
on May 25, 2015 at 2:00:12 pm

Don't arrange by date. I always leave mine set to none. It's ine of those selections in the lower left corner of the browser window.

Return to posts index

James Wood
on May 25, 2015 at 4:38:31 pm

Bret and Andy, thanks for the quick replies. Nice elegant solution.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on May 25, 2015 at 4:13:35 pm

That whole date grouping default in the event browser is ridiculous and is one of the first things I turn off when dealing with a default set up.

Click on the gear at the bottom of the Library window. Select Group Clips By, and choose None. If you ever want to sort by date, there's a Content Created column in the browser you can use.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 26, 2015 at 2:05:00 am

They have this in the finder now. It's not too bad there. It's essentially giving you the ability to sort by two criteria instead of just one. You can group/arrange by type, and then within those types sort by size, date, etc. or vice versa. Handy when cleaning up drives I've found.

But yep. In X I turn it right off.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 26, 2015 at 2:26:05 am

Yep I wish grouping would be off rather than on by default- it becomes a jumble with any sort of complex event.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 1, 2015 at 12:53:43 am

Isn't it a tad useful when you want to make sure that an import was successful? You can scrub through all the shots and make sure they came through clean.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]