FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hard drive was ejected, project missing.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean miller
Hard drive was ejected, project missing.
on May 18, 2015 at 2:54:33 pm

Hi guys, cat pulled my harddrive out from the computer, upon re-opening fpcx 10.2 I have the little yellow exclamation mark on my library, all the media is still there, all the other projects that use that media are stil there - just the one project i was working on when the cord got pulled has dissapeared.

I did 'show package contents' on the library via the finder and it appears a folder with "CurrentVersion.fcpevent" is still there, but for some reason not showing up in my library.. so it seems the data is intact.

Anyone know of anyway to bring the project back into final cut pro x? Re-editing this one from scratch is going to be a bit of a nightmare.

Cheers

sean

Return to posts index

Anna Possberg
Re: Hard drive was ejected, project missing.
on May 19, 2015 at 8:27:58 am

Hi Sean,

the same happened once to me. The project may get corrupted if it was in the process of making a back-up. Where do you save your back-ups of your projects? It should be a folder called "Final Cut Backups" (I store it on my internal drive under Movies).
Click on the library ->Click File-> Open from Back up and choose your last back up. You will have to relink your media (I had to).

After restoring your Event/project from the back-up you might want to duplicate it and continue your work with the duplicate just to be on the safe side.

Anna

Return to posts index

sean miller
on May 19, 2015 at 11:53:56 am

you just saved me days... thank you sooo much

Return to posts index

Anna Possberg
on May 19, 2015 at 12:17:56 pm

:-) Gladly. So it worked?

Return to posts index

sean miller
on May 19, 2015 at 12:22:40 pm

yup, there was a back up about 1 hour behind where I was when the wire was tugged. Over the moon, was facing an all nighter tonight otherwise, now I'll get it done ahead of schedule, thanks a lot :)

Return to posts index

Dave Vickers
on May 22, 2016 at 5:02:07 pm

HI Guys

I'm on 10.2.3 I've got missing project in alll my libraries and my back ups. Insane, they are nowhere - does anyone know what I can do?

thankyou

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on May 22, 2016 at 9:51:46 pm

Did you try what Anna said to do in the previous post? ">Click File-> Open from Back up and choose your last back up."

Hope it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]