FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unexpected success with color correcting multi cam clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Morache
Unexpected success with color correcting multi cam clip
on May 18, 2015 at 4:37:12 am

I shot a play with two cameras that don't match up terribly well, but FCPX surprised me.

It looks like when I apply a color correction to one of the cameras on a multi-cam clip in the timeline (not to the individual clips inside the MC clip, but the clip on the timeline), it sticks with the angle as I change angles and add edits.

This is only on the multicam clip as I add edits by changing angles. Any other clips in my timeline from the same multicam clip remain unaffected.

Here's the cool part... On the multicam clip, I've added a color effect to the A camera, then when I switch to the B camera I apply a color effect to the multicam clip in my timeline to correct the B camera, now when I switch cameras back to the A camera, it still has the A correction I gave it, and switching back to B, it retains the B correction.

The clips inside the angle viewer don't show the color effects as I scrub the clip in the timeline, but as I make my edits, the color effects I applied to each separate angle, remain as I switch cameras.

This is exactly the way I think it should work, and amazingly, that's the way they made it work.

Maybe this is old news, but I was excited about it.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
Re: Unexpected success with color correcting multi cam clip
on May 18, 2015 at 12:29:23 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. I've always CC'd in the Angle editor, but lots of times being able to change CC during edit progression will be very handy. Have you changed CC to same angle as you edit, and it updates, without changing prior edit CC?

Right now I'm editing ten greenscreen projects, 15 minutes each, multicam. I let X create the mults, then go into Angle editor, Group each angle, go into each Group, and add keys, background, etc. Some angles have "bottom" background elements (eg, a 3rd or 4th layer) that doesn't get added until back in the main timeline, and that works great.

Now if only X would handle the invoicing.... :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]