FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX uploading to Vimeo keeps failing!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenn Lindsay
FCPX uploading to Vimeo keeps failing!
on May 15, 2015 at 9:00:08 am

Hello!

I'm doing the same thing I always do--going from the share menu, clicking the Vimeo icon. I have 1TB on my hard drive and just deleted half the content in my Vimeo-Plus account so there's plenty of storage room. But the Vimeo share keeps failing: "Publishing to Vimeo Failed because file Interdisciplinary Research rough cut - HD 720p.mov is too large." But I haven't changed any of the pre-settings that I always use, and the video itself is only 548MB. Much smaller than I usually do.

Any ideas? Thank you!
Jenn

http://www.JennLindsay.com
iMac 27-inch, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7. 4GB GPU.
FCPX

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX uploading to Vimeo keeps failing!
on May 15, 2015 at 9:53:10 pm

I'd suggest exporting to Apple Devices and manually uploading to Vimeo and see what happens. Sounds more like an issue on the Vimeo end than FCPX.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on May 16, 2015 at 11:27:25 am

I've never liked uploading direct to Vimeo from FCPX. It always seems to take a long time. I usually use the Broadband High default setting in Compressor (960 x 540). I prefer the saner file sizes I get in return. By the time Vimeo has finished 'processing' the file (I've always assumed that meant compressing) I do not notice much difference (if any) in quality compared with HD 720P.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on May 16, 2015 at 6:22:37 pm

I go through compressor and use 720 p H.264 at 5000 kbits/sec then upload to vimeo. Looks good and works every time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]