FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Audio - Unintentional Ducking at Beginning of Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Mrkva
FCPX Audio - Unintentional Ducking at Beginning of Clip
on May 13, 2015 at 6:20:09 pm

I have a project with multiple video and audio clips making up the primary storyline. For the first few seconds of each audio clip, its audio level drops very low, then jumps back up to normal loudness. This means the first couple words each person speaks are often very quiet.

Also, this ONLY happens on export. Playback within FCPX is fine and has no problems.

Another weird thing - I've tried exporting audio only, but it makes the problem worse. ALL audio, in both video and audio-only clips, jumps randomly to different levels, and it sounds absolutely awful.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX Audio - Unintentional Ducking at Beginning of Clip
on May 13, 2015 at 7:55:15 pm

Did you apply transitions to any of the clips. Are there cross fades in the audio components?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Justin Mrkva
on May 13, 2015 at 9:09:05 pm

No transitions or fades on the audio.

I determined the cause of the problem is audio plugins. For some reason, certain plugins, during export, don't start working right away, so the first second or so of the clip is unprocessed or improperly processed, even though they work fine during editing. I'm still investigating the situations in which it may occur.

I'm not sure about the audio-only export, because that's a lot more than just a delay.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on May 13, 2015 at 9:39:02 pm

Sounds like an audio compressor or limiter is misbehaving. Is everything rendered before you export? If not, try that then export.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on May 14, 2015 at 4:49:41 am

Do you actually have any audio plugins on it??

Or perhaps, you may have inadvertently applied a fade in or some automation at the start of each clip??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]