FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speaker not playing back FCPX properly. Plays itunes OK so its not a speaker problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz swift
Speaker not playing back FCPX properly. Plays itunes OK so its not a speaker problem
on May 13, 2015 at 1:20:44 am

My speaker used to play back FCPX OK, but suddenly it's not playing the sound very well, but the speaker is fine because it plays music OK. The sound through the headphones is also OK.

Is there a setting that I could have hit in FCPX by accident that is causing this problem?

Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Speaker not playing back FCPX properly. Plays itunes OK so its not a speaker problem
on May 13, 2015 at 6:15:27 am

You may have muted the track with the V command. Maybe you could select the track in question *it will be a bit darker) and hit the V key and that will unmet the track.

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Speaker not playing back FCPX properly. Plays itunes OK so its not a speaker problem
on May 13, 2015 at 11:11:55 am

Is that EVERYTHING out of FCPX or just some clips? And you can hear everything just fine from FCPX when you plug in headphones?

The V key will mute selected clips, but it is not a "track based" function as there are no tracks to define.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 13, 2015 at 12:23:10 pm

GO in to your system preferences and double check the Sound > Output tab.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 13, 2015 at 5:11:25 pm

Also what do you mean exactly— the sound level is too low/high? Or the quality of the sound coming out is distorted?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on May 13, 2015 at 10:05:51 pm

Just a wild thought but can this be a "44k/48k in the same project" problem? But why would it sound good in the headphones?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on May 14, 2015 at 12:04:52 am

When editing I sometimes use earphones, sometimes speakers. Occasionally, when I pull the earphone jack out, it messes up the sound to the speakers. Some combination of powering off and on and or going to system preferences and resetting output audio fixes it.

Return to posts index

Liz Lewis
on May 19, 2015 at 2:20:49 am

Thanks everyone for your help. I changed the AUDIO from Stereo to duel mono, then unticked one of the mono and then the sound was fine. Why it worked is beyond my comprehension,

Liz

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 19, 2015 at 6:17:22 pm

I actually had a similar problem today, and found a different solution, but I think we may be experiencing similar issues.

I have 8 channel audio clips that are mono upon import. When I played them back in the Browser, I could not hear the audio, but could see the meters moving. If I added clips to a Project, I could hear them all.

From the Browser, if i changed the configuration from 8 channel mono to 4 stereo, I could hear the audio, but since I need access to all 8 channels as mono clips, I found a different solution.

I changed the "pan mode" on all clips from "none" to "Stereo Left/Right" like this:

I can't figure out if this is an Apple or Blackmagic mono playback issue. If I uninstall the blackmagic drivers, and send audio out through the computer, i can hear all of the audio no matter the pan settings. Upon reinstalling the Blackmagic drivers, the problem then returns.

If I turn off A/V Output, I could hear everything, everywhere.

Can anyone else confirm this with blackmagic output?

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on May 19, 2015 at 9:49:15 pm

I found this from Apple helpful. Even though the setting appeared to be on "Stereo" already, setting it again fixed the issue.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204780

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 19, 2015 at 9:53:16 pm

Bingo. That's it Tom. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on Nov 11, 2016 at 10:38:05 pm

Same problem has cropped up in new installation of macOS Sierra, FCX 10.3, Kona LHe+. Fix is about the same--maybe a slight variation. Go into Audio/Midi Setup, change Speaker Configuration to something other than Stereo and make sure you apply the change. Then change if back to Stereo. Seems to fix the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]