FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inserting all of a clip after it is segmented with keywords

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Inserting all of a clip after it is segmented with keywords
on May 10, 2015 at 10:23:29 pm

I have about 100 clips from a lacrosse game. I went through putting in and out markers a keywords to make a short higlight where the clips are identified by various actions. Works great. Now I need to make a long version where the clips are unedited and full length. If I select the clip and insert my W, only the parts previously selected and keyworded go into the new project.
Is there a trick to get it to ignore the in clip editing so I can insert the full length clips without messing with the previous in and out markers?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Inserting all of a clip after it is segmented with keywords
on May 11, 2015 at 1:36:39 am

Press option X to delete the in/out markers. The point of in/out markers is to establish what part of the clip to be inserted.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 11, 2015 at 2:14:21 am

If you want to store the in and out markers, you should favorite or keyword them.

If you delete the ins and outs (option-x) without favoriting or keywording, you'll lose them.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on May 11, 2015 at 3:25:43 am

OK. I key worded them, so if I then use option -X this allows me to insert the whole clip, while preserving the keyword marks for later? I give it a try.

Return to posts index

Neil Paisnel
on May 11, 2015 at 8:44:44 am

I needed this the other day too, and created a message asking this very question.

I had dragged all my clips to a new time line..and it was very shot..Odd I thought , it should be 2 her 30 ..and it was about 1 hour.

It was as you discovered too that all in out markers in the Browser are retained even if you drag the whole clip to the timeline.

I found the Option X command just in time .

But this came as a shock, I miss read what Jeremy said about keywords . it had not occurred to me before, I thigh Jeremy was saying that any segment of a clip with In /out marked even if key worded would be lost..but thankfully no.

I just checked and after I used Option X the other day, all my markers with Keywords are still intact. that would have been a weeks work screwed if I had lost all the ey words ..phew panic over.

So go to the browser , select all your clips, the Option X..then drag all the clasp complete to the timeline

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on May 11, 2015 at 11:57:24 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "If you want to store the in and out markers, you should favorite or keyword them. "

This is a great tip. I've only just started using favourites for some reason.

i'm doing a job currently and I have been thinking I don't know how I would have done it in Legacy. I think logging would have taken me a week or more as opposed to two days.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Aug 11, 2015 at 5:46:20 am

While using Option X and then inserting clips worked for me in May, Using FCPX 10.2.1 it doesn't. I previously went through an event, keyworded portions, but now Option X does not work and I can't get the entire clips into the timeline, just the keyworded sections drop in.

Help! Am I doing something wrong or has this Option X function changed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]