FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping a scrolling background image in FCP X - Tips???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Lantz
Looping a scrolling background image in FCP X - Tips???
on May 10, 2015 at 5:20:51 am

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and self-taught in FCP X. I wonder if any of you seasoned FCP users out there can give me some tips!

I am doing a music video where I want to have a background moving / scrolling horizontally to the left continously. My idea was to have a full screen image of the background and move it to the left via keyframes and try to renew that process in the timeline to give an impression that it goes on forever. This is surely doable by keyframing but very, very time consuming. Do you know of any fx plugin or other tips to generate this type of "looping" horizontal image scroll in a quicker and smoother way?

Tips appreciated!

/Daniel

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Looping a scrolling background image in FCP X - Tips???
on May 10, 2015 at 7:08:00 pm

Presuming your background is wider than then your viewing window, you just set ONE keyframe with the frame pushed full to one side. Then move to the end of the clip and set a keyframe with the images pushed full to the other side. If you want it to be smooth, make sure the keyframes are set to linear, NOT ease in and ease out. Render the clip out and export it to the desktop as a standalone clip. Now open a fresh project and drop that clip onto it. Copy and paste a duplicate and look at the transition zone. where the first moving image ends and the second one begins. You want to adjust the transition so that it looks like what you desire without a jarring flash or jump cut..

Once you accomplish this, and have smooth transitions set into and out of the original clip, copy it and duplicate it as many times as necessary for the background looping duration you want.

Export that as a movie and re-import it into your timeline and you're good to go.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]